Hence, we decided to put together a list of restaurants our inner foodies simply can't do without. They're all ridiculously delicious and affordable enough that the whole family can grab a bite without breaking the bank. So whether you're a local or find yourself in town for a layover someday, bookmark this post and then get to chowing!
1. Bruges. Waffles will never be the same once you've tasted a liege waffle from Bruges. These authentic Belgian waffles are made with an overnight yeast dough dotted with pearl sugar pockets...it'll be making you say, "OMG" for days.
3. Spitz. The doner kebabs ubiquotous all over Europe now have a home in SLC, thanks to Spitz! The mixed meat Zesty Feta Doner wrap and the loaded sweet potato Street Cart Fries are a flavor explosion in your mouth — and the salad is seriously the best we've had at any restaurant, like, ever!
4. Chungas. We like to call this one of the best little secrets of the SLC area. This westside spot is totally unassuming and totally amazing. They are THE spot to go for authentic Mexican eats.
5. Even Stevens. Even Stevens has taken the Wasatch Front by storm in the past few years, and for good reason. Every sandwich is on point, the sugar cookies are amazing, AND they donate one sandwich to someone in need for every sandwich purchased.
6. Pizzeria Limone. Pizza is our "stranded on a desert island" food, and we say Pizzeria Limone makes some of the best. It's fast, cheap, tasty thin crust you'll have to try for yourself to see how real the addiction is!
7. Bocata. Who knew mall food courts could be so gourmet? Owned by Settebello Pizzeria, this sandwich shop has unique and high-quality ingredients to fuel your City Creek shopping escapades.
8. Cubby's. Oh Cubby's, how we love thee so. Though the original location is in Provo, Cubby's opened up shop in Sugarhouse last year and we are oh so grateful! Their steak salad, tri-tip sandwiches and burgers are all incredible.
9. The Park Cafe. The first time we ate here, we couldn't believe the affordable price point and can't-go-wrong menu. The vibe is fun, the location is great and the hearty breakfast food is a smash hit.
10. RubySnap. This list wouldn't be complete without a bakery! RubySnap churns out the most divine cookies in all the land. We're talkin' flavors like dark chocolate mango, molten spicy chocolate and Lemonhead lemon sugar cookie. Be warned, it's dangerous territory!